Now in its 13th year, VNC has been the primary venue for people interested in vehicular communication to meet.
When VNC 2020 had to move online, we had high hopes to run VNC 2021 at least in a hybrid format so that at least parts of the community could meet in Ulm, Germany, and enjoy the conference on-site. Unfortunately, the course of global pandemic development requires us to move to a pure online format once more. Reasons for this step are that Germany is in the middle of a fourth wave with unclear predictions for autumn but mostly that we collected feedback from our community and learned that a majority of prospective participants and authors would be blocked from on-site attendance either due to international trans-continental travel restrictions or due to organizational travel policies.
We therefore decided that IEEE VNC 2021 will be exclusively online and we are committed to optimize the conference for the best online experience possible. Building on our experience from last year (which received a lot of positive comments), we will try to enhance this even more and hope to see many of you in our virtual conference place in gather.town. More information on the session format and timing will follow soon.
As a novelty, IEEE VNC also hosts a special session of the EU H2020 ICT4CART project on Friday 12 Nov @11:00 CET. The ICT4CART project investigates a versatile ICT infrastructure for highly automated driving and has created a number of impressive demonstrations it wants to showcase. See our program for more details. Attendance is included in the VNC registration.
Best Papers Award
- Michele Segata (Free University of Bolzano, Italy), Lorenzo Ghiro (University of Trento, Italy), and Renato Lo Cigno (University of Brescia, Italy) for receiving this year's best papers award for their paper titled:
On the Progressive Introduction of Heterogeneous CACC Capabilities.
- Fan Bai (General Motors, USA) and Bhaskar Krishnamachari (University of Southern California, USA) for receiving this year's best papers award for their paper titled:
Revealing a Hidden, Stable Spectral Structure of Urban Vehicular Traffic
- Nov. 1, 2021The ICT4CART special session is announced with attractive talks. Check out its agenda here.
- Oct. 22, 2021The camera-ready submission is extended until Oct. 29, 2021.
- Oct. 14, 2021The camera-ready submission is extended until Oct. 23, 2021.
- Oct. 8, 2021 The tentative program of the conference is now available.
- Oct. 2, 2021 Information for presenters and video preparation is now available.
- Oct. 1, 2021 The camera-ready submission is extended until Oct. 15, 2021.
- Oct. 1, 2021 The registration rates are available. The platform will be available soon.
- Sep. 27, 2021 The camera-ready instructions are available.
- Sep. 22, 2021 The sessions will take place between 15:00-21:00 (CET) virtually.
- Sep. 22, 2021 Videos of accepted papers should be provided by October 31, 2021.
- Sep. 22, 2021 Camera-ready submission deadline is extended to October 8, 2021.
- Sep. 16, 2021 VNC 2021 is announced as a fully virtual event.
- Jul. 08, 2021 The full/short paper submission deadline is extentded to July 26, 2021.
- Jul. 07, 2021 The EDAS submission site is online.
- May 17, 2021 Sponsor prospectus -including the patron opportunities- is now available.
- Apr. 21, 2021 The call for papers is available. Click here for further details.