Connected vehicles are becoming a cornerstone of the increasingly connected world and the deployment phase of the first generation of vehicular networks is now closer than ever. Manufacturers plan to introduce new cars into the market with V2V and V2I communication systems as soon as 2019 (estimated). Large-scale testbeds are running or planned in different parts of the world, such as the Cooperative ITS Corridor that connects Austria, Germany and Netherlands, and the USDOT plan to install V2V technology in 10,000 city-owned vehicles in New York City.
On the other hand, the technology will continue to evolve. In parallel to the deployment phase, multiple discussions are taking place at different levels and in different forums about the next generation of vehicular networks. The 3GPPP has launched a Work Item to study the feasibility of LTE-based V2X services and connected vehicles are being considered a relevant part of the future 5G ecosystem. The automated (and connected) vehicle will soon come into play and may significantly change the roots of vehicular networks.
This year's conference will be held in Columbus, Ohio, USA at the Hyatt Regency hotel.
Best paper award
Congratulations to Rui Meireles and Peter Steenkiste (Carnegie Mellon University, USA); Joao Barros (Instituto de Telecomunicações & Universidade do Porto, Portugal); and Daniel C. Moura (University of Porto, Portugal) who received this year's best paper award for their paper titled
LASP: Look-Ahead Spatial Protocol for Vehicular Multi-hop Communication.
App contest winners
Rail Track Worker Protection App
Andreas Lehner, and
DriveSense: Sensing, Monitoring and Evaluating Driving Behaviors
Lei Kang and
The third prize
Replacing Cables in Cars: Silent Multi Audio and Data Broadcasting Without Wireless RF Transmissions
Harihara Varma Indukuri and
Can Emre Koksal
- November 29, 2016 We thank our supporters for their valuable contributions to the success of the VNC conference.
- November 22, 2016 We added helpful presentation and poster guidelines to the camera ready page.
- November 22, 2016 The app contest finalist schedule is online.
- November 16, 2016 The preliminary program is online.
- November 13, 2016 The conference hotel is still accepting room reservations at the group rate.
- November 9, 2016 Registration for the conference is open.
- November 3, 2016 Camera ready deadline has been extended.
- October 26, 2016 Camera ready instructions and registration rates are available now.
- September 21, 2016 The final, hard deadline for app contest submissions will be September 29, 2016.
- September 13, 2016 The final, hard deadline for poster and demo submissions will be September 26, 2016.
- September 10, 2016 The final, hard deadline for paper submissions will be September 15, 2016.
- September 8, 2016 The registration deadline for the mobile app contest has been extended.
- September 3, 2016 The technical program committee is currently being assembled.
- August 26, 2016 The submission deadline for full and short paper submissions has been extended.
- August 3, 2016 This year for the first time, VNC will host a mobile app contest with attractive prizes.
- July 26, 2016 Information on venue and hotel rooms is online.
- July 8, 2016 EDAS submission is open.
- June 24, 2016 Call for papers and submission dates are available.
- May 12, 2016 Venue, committees and conference dates are available.
- April 12, 2016