All final paper submissions should be written in English and must be formatted in standard IEEE 2-column format. Full papers are limited in length to eight (8) printed pages (10-point font) including figures, tables, and references. Short papers are limited to four (4) printed pages. Demo and poster papers are limited to two (2) printed pages. Papers exceeding the page limits will not be accepted by EDAS. The mandatory IEEE template in Microsoft Word and LaTeX format can be found at the IEEE templates page.
When preparing your final camera ready version, please make sure that your paper contains no headers, no footers, and no page numbers. This information will be added by EDAS.
Check that your page size is US letter (8.5 x 11 inches / 215.9 mm x 279.4 mm).
To have an idea of how an EDAS compliant paper looks like, download this sample PDF. If your paper looks very similar to this, you should be fine.
If you require assistance in preparing your final submission, please contact our publication co-chairs Chih-Yu Wang and Taylan Sahin.
Please follow these steps to submit your camera ready paper:
- Check that the titles of demo and poster papers start with “Demo: “ and “Poster: “, respectively, both in EDAS and in the PDF.
- At least one of the paper authors needs to register for the conference. The author registration must be a full registration and cannot receive the student discount. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one full registration is valid for up to two (2) papers.
- Use EDAS to fill out the electronic copyright form for publication of your paper in IEEE Xplore. The copyright form can be added to your paper by logging in to EDAS, opening the paper details page, and selecting the plus symbol next to "Copyright form."
- Upload your camera ready paper using EDAS. The upload link can be found next to "Final manuscript" on the paper details page in EDAS. After uploading, check for any PDF problems that EDAS reports. Possible problems will be shown below the uploaded paper information on the paper details page. Make sure to address these problems and upload a final manuscript without printing problems before the camera ready deadline.
To be published in the IEEE VNC 2018 Conference Proceedings and to be eligible for publication in IEEE Xplore, an author of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the full (member or non-member) rate and the paper must be presented by an author of that paper at the conference unless the TPC Co-chairs grant permission for a substitute presenter arranged in advance of the event and who is qualified both to present and answer questions. Non-refundable registration fees must be paid prior to uploading the final IEEE formatted, publication-ready version of the paper. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE VNC 2018 Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
- We will provide you with a 70x100cm board, an easel, and pins. Posters will be affixed on boards, which should be positioned in portrait orientation on the easels. We recommend A1 for the poster size, but A0 will fit as well.
- The presenters should arrive at the poster/demo location at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the session for preparation. The presenters will need to stick their posters on the boards on their own.
- For posters, the easels will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There won't be a printing facility at the conference site. The presenters have to print out their poster beforehand, and are responsible for bringing the poster to the conference.
- Please let the poster/demo chairs know any additional requirements for your poster/demo.
The time allocated for Full and Short paper (20 minutes and 12 minutes, respectively) includes the Q&A. Therefore, please plan your presentation according to the following:
- Full paper: 16 min presentation + 4 min Q&A
- Short paper: 10 min presentation + 2 min Q&A